An update from Jan Harder.
Here is a brief construction update on the extension of Half Moon Bay Road to Greenbank Road:
- The underground works have been completed.
- City staff expect the asphalt to be placed by the end of next week (Oct 26th), pending weather.
- The City is responsible for the asphalt line painting and traffic control signs. The appropriate City Department is aware of this project and have estimated that this work can occur within 4 weeks after asphalt (by Nov 23rd).
- There are a few street lights that need to be installed. The design has been approved by the City and it's expected the formal approval letter to allow the installation from the City next week.
- It's anticipated the street lights will be installed by November 23rd.
- Once the street lights are installed it typically takes Hydro Ottawa two-weeks to activate them.
- It is staff's opinion that the city does not open the road until the street lights have been activated and the traffic control signs and painting are in place for safety.
- Based on the above schedule it's anticipated the road will be complete to be opened by December 7th.
- The City's Street Light Department and Hydro Ottawa will be engaged to see if the Street Light activation can be advanced further.