Grade, Program and Attendance Boundary for New Half Moon Bay Elementary School
Over the past few months a locally-formed working group, including a representative from the Half Moon Bay Community Association, has been meeting to discuss potential accommodation proposals associated with the September 2016 opening of a new elementary school in the Half Moon Bay area of South Nepean (3525 River Run Avenue).
A Public Consultation Meeting will be held to seek feedback on a proposed plan. Input will assist staff in developing their recommendations to the Board on:
- the grade structure, program offering and attendance boundary for the new school;
- the potential expansion of grade structures at Barrhaven Public School, Chapman Mills Public School, Jockvale Elementary School, and Mary Honeywell Elementary School to Junior Kindergarten to Grade 6;
- the potential change to a 7 to 8 only grade structure at Cedarview Middle School;
- potential attendance boundary revisions to help alleviate accommodation pressures at Mary Honeywell Elementary School; and
- the potential introduction of a second Middle French Immersion (MFI) program in South Nepean.
Please plan to attend this important meeting:
Thursday October 29, 2015 at 7:00 p.m.
Chapman Mills Public School, Gymnasium
260 Leamington Way
At the meeting there will be a brief presentation by Board staff, followed by a Q&A session. Staff will be available to answer questions on an individual basis following the meeting. An information package providing details of the study and the proposals will be available at the meeting.