Our association is made up of members who are committed to making our community the best place to live for today and for future generations.
The association's coverage area includes Mattamy Half Moon Bay, Tamarack Half Moon Bay, Tamarack The Meadows, and Mattamy Half Moon Bay South. See our coverage map below.
Become a member now and help make it as great as we know it can be.
What benefits does HMBCA offer its members?
- Having a voice in improving and enhancing quality of neighbourhood life
- Discounts at local merchants
- Team up and work with a diverse community
- Community planning and development input
- A place to meet neighbours for friendship and socialization
- A place to share ideas
- Being part of change
- Information sharing through various communications tools (web, email newsletter, Facebook, Twitter, meetings, etc.)
- Support to those in need
- Increased public safety through neighbour input and the support of community policing with the Ottawa Police Service and Neighbourhood Watch Program
- Ability to influence decision that impacts you and your family
- Ability to address environmental issues
- Increased awareness of your community in a larger community
- Ability to demonstrate your personal commitment to building a safe, caring and vibrant community
What does HMBCA do?
- COMMUNITY COMMUNICATIONS: The Community Association communicates to the residents the activities, programs, and services that are happening in the community through website posts, email newsletters, Facebook, and Twitter.
- COMMUNITY EVENTS: Events take place throughout the year. They provide families with an opportunity to meet their neighbours, and have some fun. Events include the Winter Blast, Easter Egg Hunt, Spring Clean-Up, and Community Garage Sale.
- PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT REPRESENTATION: The Community Association makes every effort to keep track of development and planning proposals for the area. The Community Association also represents the community at City of Ottawa meetings and consultations for planning and development projects such as roads, transportation, and recreation.
- FACILITY OPERATIONS: Outdoor skating rinks in Half Moon Bay are maintained by the Community Association.
- COMMUNITY SAFETY: The Community Association works with the Neighbourhood Watch to communicate safety information to the neighbourhood.
- IMPROVING THE QUALITY OF LIFE: The Community Association was created by individuals who want to improve the quality of life for themselves and others in the community. Become a member today to add your voice to our community.
Half Moon Bay Community Association Board of Directors
Who are your board members? Go to the Directors page for more info.
900 Greenbank road
Our Membership Area: