On Friday, September 19th, the Half Moon Bay Community Association was given a pre-opening tour of the new Minto Recreation Complex by City Councillor Jan Harder and Kevin Wherry, the Program Manager for the Complex. This 160,000 square foot state-of-the-art facility, located at the corner of Greenbank & Cambrian, is an amazing addition to our community.
The energy efficient facility includes:
- 2 NHL sized ice rinks (1 rink is accessible), 4 accessible change rooms, 4 standard change rooms, 2 alternate needs change rooms and 1 unisex referee change room
- 6 lane, 25 metre lap pool with 3 metre and 1 metre diving boards, a Tarzan Rope and an access ramp
- Leisure Pool with jetted seating, a Lazy River and an access ramp
- Male, female and alternate change rooms for the pools
- Full sized gymnasium with male and female dry fitness change rooms
- Artificial turf sports field designed to meet CFL and FIFA design standards
- Indoor walking track
- Accessible weight/cardio training room
- Multipurpose rooms
- Café and seating areas
- Parkette with climbing structures
The Grand Opening will be held on November 29th at 10am, with programs beginning in January 2015. Registration for programs is now open.
See the photos from our tour![AFG_gallery id='2']
View this album on Flickr